Thursday, January 17, 2019

Our Body Belongs To Us Alone

Our Body Belongs To Us Alone
© Surazeus
2019 01 17

The core principle of my politics
that rules ontology of my beliefs
is that our body belongs to us alone,
and only we decide course of its fate.

What else can fuel energy of free will
and motivates course of action we take
except desire for pleasure and success
that fulfill dreams of our most secret hope?

I am aware of nothing in this world
except this body of blood-nurtured flesh
which nourishes perceptions of my brain
so it can generate my conscious soul.

Though I float nowhere when I am asleep
I wake up encased in this solid body
so I control strict motions of its actions
sparked by desires conjured by my free will.

I analyze needs of my body to live,
investigate surrounding environment,
and consume material that will sustain
chemical operations of my soul.

For too many centuries of life on Earth
in history of our human interactions
stronger people with visions of success
control actions of people using rules.

People in groups who form communities
organize themselves in hierarchies of power
so each person performs their simple function
to support the greater good of the group.

One person always seems to dominate
dynamic actions of the social group
to manage interactions of the many
so everyone is protected and thrives well.

Good leaders with strong respect for free will
support growth and success of individuals
for when each person is creative and strong
the whole community thrives and expands.

Bad leaders with weak respect for free will
attempt to control lives of individuals
to keep themselves in power with forceful rules
which weakens communities with angry fear.

Every law developed by politicians
should enforce actions that respect free will
of every individual in the group
so we do what we will if we harm none.

I will treat other people with respect
so they will treat me with respect in turn,
pursuing happiness of my free will
while avoiding conflict with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment