Monday, January 7, 2019

Freedom Of The Honest Man

Freedom Of The Honest Man
© Surazeus
2019 01 07

When I breathe deep ecstatic truth of light
my brain releases ocean waves of hope
that toss the fragile ship of faith on high
where ancient spirits wake from spiral flow
to walk in body of my flesh with you
on signless road that leads to paradise.

How can I scramble code of truth I know
so I can realign the cosmic phase
in puzzle of the fractured mirror eye
our nonexistent god must use to dream
how flowers blossom by the nameless stream
where I sit alone to think about you.

I turn around at crack of striking sword
that echoes far across the vale of tears
to search still shadows for the dangerous foe
who must be hunting me in swirling mist
because they feel threatened by my new plan
to free the minds of people from despair.

He aims the sharp knife at my beating heart
and lunges to destroy my hungry soul
so I strike fast to knock the blade away
then punch his face with fierce desire to live
and stomp his skull to neutralize his threat
in struggle to survive another day.

The wolf inside my heart snarls with control
to protect my body from threat of death
when I stare at the attacker I killed
to analyze the reason I must fight,
how I must kill him before he kills me,
then leave his body to dissolve in mud.

I find the wagon where he locked with chains
good people he captured to sell as slaves,
so I unlock the chains from trembling hands,
and they rejoice in freedom from despair
by dancing in the moonlight among trees
and singing hymns that praise my honest deed.

Together we explore the silent woods
to hunt more slavers in the country side
who lock strong villagers with iron chains
so we attack and free their prisoners,
then imprison slavers with their own chains
and take them to the castle of the king.

Emerging from his tower of shining stone,
the king declares with voice of haughty rage
the slavers are his loyal ministers
that he commissioned to enslave strong men
to build new stronger walls of sturdy stone
so we should free them from enslaving chains.

With shock I realize that our noble king
whom we are taught to honor and obey
sent out these men to enslave us with chains,
so I leap forward, wielding sword of truth,
and cut off his head with swipe of the blade,
then snatch his crown and thrust it at the sky.

Our king appointed by God in the sky,
I proclaim before the astonished crowd,
enslaves us for his private benefit
instead of protecting our lives from harm
so hand of justice struck him down in death
to free us from his tyranny of greed.

The priest steps forward from the silent crowd
and places jeweled crown on my own head,
proclaiming me the king of all the land,
for God appointed me to free the people
from cruel oppression of the greedy king,
so I kneel down and accept divine fate.

Parading before crowds of cheering folk,
I stride in court of justice with strong faith
and sit on throne of judgment to begin
administration of our nation-state,
enforcing laws that all men should obey
which maintains freedom of the honest man.

No comments:

Post a Comment