Sunday, January 13, 2019

Unpunctured Blue Of Hope

Unpunctured Blue Of Hope
© Surazeus
2019 01 13

Sweet pale infinity of her bright eyes
flash clear through ancient fog of rancid seas
so I might find my way back to her hearth
across grim waste land where blind prophets rant.

Those other stars that no one ever sees
refract unspoken truths through fractured mirrors
in structures of synthetic comfort where
troupe of unemployed actors say my lines.

Fragmented emanation through my heart
surges mumbled words as my coded tale
that disappoints her shadow in last door
bleeding force of organic faith in fruit.

Heft of my heart now obligates mass fire
rippling under solid wall of gold leaves
to trace silhouette of my long-lost love
naked across unpunctured blue of hope.

Her absence haunts my every waking hour
when voice of angels reverberate far
across stone-scattered meadow of my mind
since mute wind hums our recalcitrant lust.

Screaming back to life from statue of pride,
I explore secret streets to find that prize
you gave me when they burned my effigy
because I followed urge to sing our truth.

Whoever prays to statue of my words
will wander blind through maze of ancient lies
since I rewrite all legends of dead gods
to wear new masks of people still alive.

So when I stop on boundless plain of tales
and stare mute at wild clouds of flashing words
I comprehend dark hour I fell from wall
of broken promises with grizzled beard.

Fierce rainbow cracks through ice on flowing stream
to scare eternity into submission
so pregnant goddess on cracked pyramid
corroborates planets teeming with life.

Does concept of infinity reveal
endless progression of causal events, 
or changeless forms suspended in cold eye
of flaring consciousness that wakes in brains?

Who blasted image of invented self
to fragments of pathetic archetypes
assembled into masks we deign to wear
while performing before blind cameras?

I dream you into story of my life
where I play supporting role of desire
on still spinning wheel of cause and effect
to write new script for you to defeat Death.

1 comment: