Wednesday, January 23, 2019

My Island Dream

My Island Dream
© Surazeus
2019 01 23

This misty island, where my soul was born,
molded from humid soil of its desire
bodies of my ancestors flush with light,
which animated their quest for weird truth
while they expressed through actions of their hands
adoring spirit of its dreaming hills.

Once they generated children from flesh
their bodies dissolved back to rancid soil
which forms new fertile hills where flowers bloom
so when I walk on winding trails of hope
I hear their voices whispering in the wind
to flash their memories in my dreaming mind.

We rise up from moist soil of island hills
then dissolve back into its curving forms
through endless waves of transforming desire
to wake with conscious perception of light
through several dozen spins of dreaming Earth,
glowing with life till time snuffs out our flame.

This misty island, now so far away
around the spinning world from where I live,
still maps contours of my mythical mind
since every land that I explore extends
curving landscapes of my ancient homeland
so all the world becomes my island dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment