Friday, January 11, 2019

This Empty Room

This Empty Room
© Surazeus
2019 01 11

The day empties out till nothing is left
of exquisite tension in light on glass
so all meaning drains away into night
and I sit alone in the silent house,
contemplating why energy flames out
and leaves me placid as wind on the sea.

Just as I think I will be caught in tide
of far receding waves that sink away
down to boundless gloom of starless insight,
I sit alone on bare rock in beams of moonlight
illuminating vast abyss of time
that sparkles in repetition of change.

Returning home on loop of seeming change,
I rise again as always I was now
to taste reflection of this mirror flash
which pulses bright in neurons of my brain
so eager to drink memory of the rain
since I am every god who ever lived.

No name can you attach to my fleet face
for I progress through corridors of hope
to calculate how atoms flow through strings
of flashing vibrancy constrained by force
of binding resolutions coded right
so I adjudicate through name of truth.

Each angle of complex reality
reflects strange light on diamond of our world
which replicates souls forged from beams of light
who fall at strike of bullets fired from guns
and soak face of our globe in singing blood
that nourishes Tree of Life lost in Eden.

I think I am alive now here nowhere
inside vast cavern of full emptiness
where shadows of my memories form new ghosts
who ask me for the name of ancient truth
that will create their sacred sense of self
which gives their nebulous thoughts coded spells.

My thoughts now rise from fumes of burning page
for fierce attention of your questing eyes
sparks spirits suddenly from fractured letters
to formulate whole soul of our beloved
which act of reading conjures from mute words
though they vanish into this empty room.

So lost in emptiness of my true self
I wonder what strange vision of this world
once gleamed in bubble strong around my soul
but vanished to indifferent glow of stars
and leaves me nothing but this voiceless mask
who howls quaint prophecies of clever spells
that no one hears in whisper of sea breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment