Sunday, January 20, 2019

So Their Faces Glow Clear

So Their Faces Glow Clear
© Surazeus
2019 01 20

Red moon of ancient secrets no one knows
reveals through aching fingers of mute trees
what anguish we conceal in wounded hearts
that cannot be healed by obsessive words.

We step outside our warm house after dark
on cool winter evening in Georgia hills
to watch the blood red moon in purple sky
illuminate truth in shadows of death.

How strange we can contain wild seething flow
of passionate desire trapped in our hearts
to swirl in maelstrom of pulsing pretense
which animates quick progress past our fate.

Without communities of faithful friends
who aid each other in times of dire need
we would wander lost in harsh wilderness,
hunted by monsters of our unleashed fears.

Though everyone I loved has disappeared
from flashing flow of dream time in blank death,
they still live preserved in old photographs
which I review so their faces glow clear.

Features of their faces, touch of their hands,
melodious timbre of their spoken words,
all fade now from bright memory of their souls
as if they never existed in form.

Now silent rays of moonlight resonate
wide spirals through thick matrix of my heart
to bind my being tighter in fragile form
of flesh-soft body which conjures my soul.

I vanished long ago from memories
of people who knew me when my real name
still bound me to home where my mother sings
because I travel far to escape them.

I miss the quiet life of our small town
when every person would perform their role
through productive interaction of hope
to keep each other alive with plain love.

Yet all the players pass from crowded stage
where strangers now play their own private games
so I dwell alone in dark silent house
where laughter of my children echoes still.

Norwegian Forest Cat with glowing eyes
bright as the moon still shining through frail trees
sits at our feet and swishes fluffy tail
while we contemplate the indifferent world.

Flashing light of our boundless universe
beams through crack of the wound in my heart,
illuminating timeless world of dreams
that arches lightning between our two minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment