Monday, January 21, 2019

Trophies Of Bad Luck

Trophies Of Bad Luck
© Surazeus
2019 01 21

Unfathomable world of secret ways,
crowned by starry ice of ancient tree limbs,
I long to explore your transcendent maze,
and compose with my blood on gray stones hymns
that celebrate grand hero of the hour
who waves to cheering crowds from fragile tower.

Deep in the light of your strange mysteries
where black death records trophies of bad luck
I meet lone ghost who steals obstinate keys
the dead leave scattered under rusting truck
so messenger who flies on desperate wind
explains curving arch when tree branches bend.

I am that alchemist no one could find
who brews sweet potion of fantastic faith
revealed because I might unmask my mind
to show I am that lightning-glowing wraith
who leads lost people to eternal tomb
since all life is created in her womb.

Though wakened by flashing river of truth,
I map contours of her bright silver dream
to drink at fountain of the laughing sleuth
and wander whispering along mist-veiled stream
where children play ruins of lost empires
to hear the ghost who plays harp of desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment