Saturday, January 12, 2019

Alone In My Despair

Alone In My Despair
© Surazeus
2019 01 12

After I wander all over the town,
through its endless cement maze of closed doors
past their faceless masks of silent despair,
I manage to escape its mindless faith
to find sweet pastoral of lush fields,
only to find them enclosed in barbed wire.

Paralyzed with mute rage by the sharp fence,
I dream about the cute hyacinth girl
who loved to ride with me to river shore,
and long to hold her softness in my arms,
but dispel illusion of aching desire
while stuck on the asphalt road to nowhere.

How long I wander in the dry waste land,
thirsty for sweet drink and fun company,
laughing as we share tales around the hearth,
I wonder as I pass another field
of lush trees around the small sparkling lake,
paradise closed to me by barbed-wire fence.

Where crickets sing along the unseen streams,
so close and yet so far away from me,
I think about each nameless girl I loved,
aching with desire to kiss and make love,
but alone I wander on empty road,
talking to myself in paradise lost.

The king who occupies white castle tower,
imprisoned by his own despairing fear,
howls out the window of his lofty power
accusations against innocent folk
who hide their faces behind rigid masks
and wander all around me in the dark.

I thought I was alone in my despair,
but as grim darkness shrouds the fenced-in fields,
I see shadows of fellow citizens
wandering around me in songless gloom,
ephemeral shadows of social exhaustion
searching nowhere for true world view we lost.

With hands of determination I grasp
tangled barbed-wire of conventional rules
and tear away illusions of the past
to dare defy the ownership of land,
then cry out their names in the wilderness
to gather in ring of stones glowing bright.

In truth of moonlight and the changeless stars,
which preserve eternal forms of Ideas,
we hold hands and breathe in one restless spirit
then sing with united voice of desire
tales of our quests to find one basic truth,
that we make love to generate new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment