Sunday, January 27, 2019

Secret Of Eternal Youth

Secret Of Eternal Youth
© Surazeus
2019 01 27

This question I had meant to ask the dead
who walk around the shadows of my head
dissolves in slant of light that wakes my heart
when they reveal my life on magic chart
so we hold hands and walk the country road
then kiss and make love on the river shore
though I continue bearing heavy load
and sit with you inside our timeless door.

This room where we exchange our secret thoughts
contains soft sound of singing astronauts
while aching sound of voices we discern
contains this room where broken clocks still turn
weird wheel of fortune crushing skulls of gods
so thousand torches flaming bright with truth
may resurrect our souls from wretched clods
of misty moors explored by curious sleuth.

I soar to heaven high on silver wings
where my dead lover plays gold harp and sings,
expecting to find temple of old gods
where eager angels form world-guardian squads,
but nothing more than dreadful dark of gloom
from Cave of Shadows now reverberates
when I must prophesy our global doom
achieved by misdirecting greedy fates.

I open eyes and rise from sea of dreams
and follow sparkling flash of flowing streams
to comprehend true nature of my soul
beaming from diamond core of the White Whole
so I transcend taut shell of mortal flesh
and reincarnate coil of spiral genes
in child connected to spiritual mesh
that binds our minds with life and death routine.

Clear beams of light on water of deep lake
reveal what character is real or fake
so while I hang forever in oak limbs
I dream runes glittering in adoring hymns
then lead lost souls to mythic promised land
in waste land of our fractured world-view truth
while measuring Earth with scepter in my hand
to riddle secret of eternal youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment