Friday, August 24, 2018

Superhero Of America

Superhero Of America
© Surazeus
2018 08 24

Untangling twisted tendrils of my mind
from floating fragments of forgotten films,
I grasp the jagged key I stole from Death
and stab it deep into my pulsing heart
to open wide divine door of despair
and glare into gloom of my hollow soul.

Refracted through polished prism of truth,
my face beams its mask against blandished sky
to activate the hero in my heart
who drags himself from coffin of ennui,
energized by black blood vampires thirst for,
and stumble lost in labyrinth of vain empire.

Smashing through glass wall of financial power,
superhero of American Dream
wrestles Goliath over tax policies,
but gibbering chimpanzees of arrogance
chain his hands in grim dungeon of desire
where caped crusader howls at silent door.

Then superhero of America
looks up from spreadsheets organizing data
to analyze quarterly sales reports,
and thinks about his big brother who joined
the Marines to operate helicopters
that crashed in stark hills of Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment