Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Last Photo Of My Love

Last Photo Of My Love
© Surazeus
2018 08 01

How strange that this last photo of my love
captures but one fleet moment of their life,
and here preserves, long after they have died,
brief flash of their existence in this world.

Of all the molecules that pulse with light
in vast immensity of time and space,
these particular atoms composed them,
combining to be the person I loved.

For such brief span of spinning time they merged
to form this person glowing with that soul
unique to their eccentric character
that caused me to shimmer with adoration.

Now they are gone, and all their molecules,
that once revealed their individual soul,
disperse unconscious back to sea of atoms,
perhaps still glowing with their now-lost spirit.

How random in the flow of time and space
this photograph captured glow of their soul,
so only this moment in all our drama
of loving interaction can I recall.

How I wish I could have filmed every moment
of their transient life, pulsing in their atoms,
as they performed the role of their wild spirit,
so all their actions and words were preserved.

But now that they are gone nothing remains,
for all the atoms of their spirit flash
away from the frame that once housed their mind,
so only my memories preserve their soul.

Snap new photograph of me now, nor not,
to preserve this moment of aching grief
that shimmers with sorrow from every cell
for soon I too will disperse into nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment