Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Our Busy Routines

Our Busy Routines
© Surazeus
2018 08 21

I drive my car through the vast maze of roads
every day with one hundred million cars,
intelligent gods who sprouted from toads
manipulated by turning of stars.

We all go about our busy routines,
speaking thoughts in words and moving our hands
as part of vast food-producing machines
that generate biomass from lush lands.

Mafia gangster politicians contest
over who controls shining fields of wheat
while weird marginalized artists protest
athletes earn millions for each useless feat.

The people vote the greedy clown as king
while humble messiah lives on the street
then crowds of teens hear the pretty girl sing
as the prophet sings alone in cold sleet.

What role can I play in our social game
but the Light-Maker on Watch Tower of Truth
so when I discover the Secret Name
I can solve crimes as the clandestine sleuth?

The Goddess of light appears in my eyes
to show me the process of life and death
so I dance on tree hill under blue skies
to channel atomic pulse in song breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment