Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Flowing With Love

Flowing With Love
© Surazeus
2018 08 29

The world is full of strangers with no names
who seek to exploit me for their own gain
so I hide behind the mask of my face
to protect my heart from sorrow of pain.

I long for the full attention of love
but that leads to exploiting them for gain
so I give love to everyone I meet
while expecting nothing back in return.

How can I get from others what I need
while giving out to everyone who needs
without dissolving myself in the process
so I become vain hollow shell of hope?

My body generates fresh batch of love
after each time I give my love away,
thus I empty myself of selfish need
so I can receive love others may give.

Most people give and take in balanced flow
so we feed each other in mutual love,
growing together through common exchange,
then protect each other from harm of greed.

But people long exploited and abused
fail to understand flow of give and take
so they take with greed without giving back
and so remain hollow, desperate for love.

I want to give to you with generous love
without asking for what I need to live
so if you take from me more than you give
I must hide behind mask of unconcern.

Now here we gather in great hall of songs
to share the stories of our give and take
so we grow independent based on love
flowing with love the more we give to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment