Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Broken Smart Phone

Broken Smart Phone
© Surazeus
2018 08 28

I was forty years old before I owned
my first smart phone, which connected my mind
to the global hive mind. Now every day
I post poems about the state of our world
and read what other people have to say.
We are neurons in world-wide supersoul.

For forty years I walked around our world
inside clear bubble of my own perceptions,
aware only of what my eyes can see
through television shows, trend magazines,
newspapers, and movies that all describe
distorted versions of our world events.

Now through the eyes of strangers who post thoughts
on social media and posh poetry blogs
I see the strange world where we live more clearly.
Though still distorted through each set of eyes,
the world presents more aspects of its drama
through thousands of more individual minds.

When I dropped my smart phone on hard cement
the impact shattered clear screen of my sight,
so now my world view fractures into shards.
How can I piece the puzzle of our world
into more comprehensive frame of truth
so I can see more clearly world events?

Disconnected from the hive mind of Earth,
I walk in silence of the changeless world
where wind whispers secrets I long forgot.
I stand in grass among trees outside buildings
and stare at clouds that shimmer in the sky.
Can I still see their words as floating birds?

No comments:

Post a Comment