Saturday, August 25, 2018

Importance Of Looking Earnest

Importance Of Looking Earnest
© Surazeus
2018 08 25

How much I want to save our wretched world
with earnest attention to social justice,
ensuring every person breathing air
survives brutal struggle with hungry death.

The siren wails every Sabbath at noon,
so the hour of lunch on hot Saturdays
triggers anxiety wrenching my heart
with horror at the blinding storm of greed.

I am not my ancestor whose bold life
expressing their strange personality
hardened into mask of the stereotype
which I rip off my face with every dawn.

Our mothers generate our fragile bodies
from hopes and dreams that our fathers project
so we stumble through labyrinth of weird duties
to preserve our souls from hunger of death.

I throw away scripts of the perfect life
provided in the holy book of myths
that show how ancestors lived to survive,
then write my own script to survive this game.

On river shore in hostile wilderness
men built shelters for women they got pregnant
then brought food for the women to prepare
and so they raised successful children better.

Ten thousand years of earnest operation
men and women, while struggling to survive,
developed efficient methods of living
that form foundation of civilization.

Since we now dominate our spinning globe
each individual can choose how to live,
working heard with earnest love to support
families of partners and children, or not.

With ironic detachment of concern,
just for the importance of looking earnest,
we animate puppets of our personae
to play roles we choose on stage of desire.

While gazing at the features of my face
that shimmers clear in deep Pool of Narcissus,
I study how expressions of my soul
appear to people in our game of life.

Behind shadow of my Narcissan mask
I see the stranger different from myself,
so I look up and see them watching me,
then see myself in mirror of their hope.

Together by the secret pool of truth
we share ourselves with earnest faith in love,
and trust they will treat us as we treat them
in mutual give and take of selfless need.

No comments:

Post a Comment