Thursday, August 2, 2018

Weave Our Hearts Together In One Mind

Weave Our Hearts Together In One Mind
© Surazeus
2018 08 02

I feel the sputter of car engines grind
meat of my heart into robot of lust
to flash in feathers of my aching mind
so I calculate desire from the must
of duty that defines how we behave.

I will not fall down the stairs of the night
because I am careful to explain why
we must cooperate in spirit flight
since you will never see me sit and cry
in desperation at all we have lost.

What matters more than we share ecstasy
of pleasure when we embrace in the night
and perform rituals of love with constancy
that feed electric sparks of our delight
or else our relationship will decay?

Yet after all these years I realize
I will always love you with aching hope
whether or not you look me in the eyes
and love me back beyond limitless scope
enclosing our tangled hearts with lost faith.

You may not love me like you claim you do
yet I love you like I breathe the fresh air
so I do not need you to love me too
for I ever love you with selfless care
to give you more whether you give or not.

We sit together while I drive the car
through endless labyrinth of hoping dreams
and savor silent music of the star
that reflects our faces in flowing streams
to weave our hearts together in one mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment