Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Memes Of Cultural Myth

Memes Of Cultural Myth
© Surazeus
2018 08 15

I wake up inside the Book of Lost Tales,
wandering on quest I do not understand,
so I armor my soul in nouns and verbs
to battle concept of despair with love.

I stand on mountain of arrogant hope
to observe vast sea of meaningless fear
which reflects infinite possible worlds
that multiply from each moment I act.

The dragon of tyranny leaps from hate
and soars over social constructs of men
to steal their gold wealth of power and prestige,
ruling all from Platonic Cave of Shadows.

Wielding the Ruler and the Telescope,
I measure geometry of our real world
to chart base structures of society
on which we build dream of reality.

Arranging forms on straight Cartesian Grid,
I calculate strict process of chemistry
composed of atoms pulsing quantum light
which generates consciousness of my brain.

Armed with the truth-honed sword of honesty,
I penetrate the endless maze of shadows
to study model ideas of things
and analyze structures of molecules.

Facing hateful dragon of tyranny,
which threatens empire of diversity,
I strike his eyes with Wand of Tolerance
and blind him with compassion of acceptance.

The dragon vanishes in puff of logic
that drifts over meadows of Hanalee
where lonely people fight for Liberty
while wandering nowhere in bleak city streets.

I wake up in the Book of Silent Words
to find myself converted Pawn to King
so I explain how atoms form all things
that flare forth from First Flash of the White Whole.

The girl with seven eyes in long white dress
emerges from the Temple of Dead Gods
to place bright crown of jewels on my head
which blinds my eyes to true reality.

I follow Red Cross Knight to Cave of Shadows
where millions of people singing in church,
who worship shadow of the Faceless God,
ask me to locate the true Holy Grail.

I explore labyrinth of dramatic masks
to find the perfect character to play
so I perform the long-expected role
when I fight and defeat the tyrant king.

Each door I step through in the hall of dreams
leads me to a different aspect of truth,
so I wander lost through the Multiverse,
searching for the real person I might be.

When people ask me where I go today
I tell them I search for the Holy Grail,
then wander down the busy city street
and improvise songs while I play guitar.

I sing about the Cup of Holy Blood
while people drive cars to tall offices,
then dream about the Princess in the Tower
while girls in jeans chat with friends on cell phones.

While singing by bookstore one afternoon,
gazing at the sun that glows through rain clouds,
I see my vision of the Holy Grail,
which is a Woman, not some drinking cup.

Woman who creates life from seed of Man
is the Holy Grail with power to make souls,
for she reincarnates our immortal soul
again in the flesh of our mortal child.

I wake up inside the Book of Strange Tales,
wandering on quest I now understand well,
so I go swimming in the Lake of Dreams
to waken every Mother in my genes.

I become every soul who ever lived
and write their stories in grand epic poem
to record all memories of mankind
which shimmer in the memes of cultural myth.

Holding crystal eye of the spinning Earth
while I stand on pyramid of Ishtar,
I dream the flaring forth from the First Flash
that spirals conscious souls from the White Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment