Monday, August 13, 2018

Vicarious Dream Of Literature

Vicarious Dream Of Literature
© Surazeus
2018 08 13

Though in the brief span of my life on Earth,
fifty four years since season of my birth,
as I participate in one small set
from wide range of human experiences,
based on the privilege of my race and sex,
and culture of the land where I was born,
I can empathize with the whole vast range
of events that humans experience
based on common state of humanity
through vicarious mask of dramatic art.

Through process of reading novels and poems,
watching movies and television shows,
and listening to personal lyrics of songs,
I have experienced the far different lives
of millions of people through characters
conjured by the text and dramatic scenes
of stories about human life on Earth
which record interactions of strange people
that constitute progress of history
so I understand how they lived and died.

Whether any of those myth characters
were once living humans like us, or not,
the deeds and actions of their mortal lives
are preserved in texts of our literature,
so they live forever on the grand stage
that forms our whole collective consciousness,
presenting moral values through their dramas
to show what we consider good or evil
through active process of cause and effect,
which guides how we behave in our own lives.

Though the drama of my own simple life
has been normal process of learning growth,
when I set out on my quest for the truth
by traveling across our fertile land,
through dramas of human experience
I still expand my empathy of love
to sympathize with every human being
by living the tales of their quests for truth
through the vicarious dream of literature
so I can understand all points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment