Saturday, August 18, 2018

Bergimus On Pizzo Arera

Bergimus On Pizzo Arera
© Surazeus
2018 08 18

Blinding light of the infinite White Whole,
crippling my soul with ancient energy
of aching passion to replicate love
for fellow travelers on road of life,
envelops my frail consciousness with ring
of deafening vibrations that confine
me bound lame to the turning wheel of fate,
though I struggle to animate my heart.

What strange body of fragile bones, wound tight
with aching muscles, woven by tense nerves,
is this that confines my vast consciousness
within frail skull where I long contemplate
nature of my awareness that I am
alive with hungry desire to devour
everything I perceive with blazing eyes,
and keeps me bound within this crippled shell?

How I want to soar out far beyond bounds
enclosing my consciousness in small sphere,
and perceive entire scope of this strange world
that spreads so wide around my trembling shell
when I crawl groaning for breath on hard soil,
hands clutching at rocks and dust of despair,
to pull myself upward toward blazing light
that gleams on jagged peak piercing rain clouds.

Trembling as I clutch jagged mountain peak,
I look back down and see the whole wide world
of bulging hills where mist swirls over fields
stretching outward toward distant silent sea
that glitters sparkles of light which pierce deep
my heart with anguish, so I sob for joy
at glorious vista of rivers that wind
among breathing trees full of blooming fruit.

Why am I confined to wheel of my head,
stuck inside this fragile shell of bones
that rattle inside thin skin of soft flesh
which tingles stinging from sharp jagged rocks
and harsh wind that blusters against my breast,
so I shiver as I gasp deep for breath
that feeds warm embers glowing in my heart
as I huddle on the steep mountain peak?

Each time I seem to soar out of my skin,
imagining myself gliding on wind
toward distant vales with shady groves of trees,
or along lush shores of swift-flowing streams,
I think I am there, far beyond my body,
but my consciousness snaps back to my head,
and here again I find myself alone,
hugging myself warm on high mountain peak.

Breathing deep wild wind of the mountain height,
I stand upright on the high narrow peak
and reach out both arms to touch the blue sky,
and I almost think I feel its smooth surface,
cold as ice that shivers into my heart,
smooth as the crystal gem inside my bag,
so I pull it out and hold it up high,
and see rays of light flashing from its eye.

High on Pizzo Arera in hot light
of searing summer glow, I shout out loud,
"I am Bergimus, god of mountain height,
for I have climbed to the top of the world,
and I have touched the crystal of the sky,
hard and smooth as thick surface of the river
that freezes in the brilliant snow of winter,"
then I laugh, and leap up and down with joy.

Stretching my fragile body upward high,
I try to float onto the gusting wind,
and, for brief second of light-headed joy,
I levitate above hard mountain peak,
and feel sweet ecstasy flash through my soul,
but heavy Earth pulls me back to her breast
and I crouch down gasping in blasting wind.

Blinding light of the infinite White Whole,
crippling my soul with buzzing energy,
opens my eyes to perceive the whole world
spiraling around me in high bulging sphere
so I become everything that exists
beaming consciousness back into my head,
confined within this frail fragment of matter
that constitutes the body of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment