Thursday, August 30, 2018

My Angel Lost In The Sea

My Angel Lost In The Sea
© Surazeus
2018 08 30

The girl floating on her back in the sea
opens her mouth to inhale galaxies
born from sharp anguish of conceptual rain.
The gold butterfly woven from starlight
slips from her broken heart to flutter slow
amid swirling flakes of satellite snow.

I lift her from wild sea in trembling arms,
the fallen angel with delicate wings
broken by lightning of indifferent wrath.
Ascending broken mountain of glass skulls,
I step through fractured mirror of lost time
to lay her broken body among flowers.

I bow my head with the last setting sun,
and remember how she climbed down the cliff
to pick strawberries from the edge of death.
She screamed as she fell into the abyss
but failed to spread her wings and fly on wind,
and vanished in the vast indifferent sea.

I kiss her lips now cold and pale as fish,
and gaze in her eyes green as the bright pond
half-seen through oak trees in the misty woods.
I close my eyes and see her running free,
leaping with lithe deer in wind-flowing fields,
hair swirling around her face as she laughs.

I feel her behind me in the moonlight
so I turn around to smile at her gaze
but only wind whispers in the shining haze.
I lean down to kiss her cold lips again
but her breast breaks open in gaping seam
that reveals black insects devouring her heart.

Sheer horror strikes my heart with stunning pain
as I watch worms slither from her dark eyes,
and beetles crawl clacking from parted lips.
Her body dissolves into stinking muck,
till her fragile skull and skeleton gleam
white as ice in pale indifferent moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment