Sunday, August 12, 2018

House Of the Faceless Woman

House Of the Faceless Woman
© Surazeus
2018 08 12

The house that dreams secret thoughts about truth
reveals the old faceless woman who holds
the key carved from my bones that opens doors
no one knows exist down the empty hall.

I walk backward through every open door
to pretend they were locked before the dawn
since every child in the rooms with no windows
is me as I was each day of my life.

Though I know I am some real human being
with this body and this specific face
people see tall angel of blazing darkness
with eyes that make them taste apples and cream.

Since you will never know that I exist
till you see my blank face in the cracked mirror
we will pretend I am the normal man
who wears the same clothes everyone else wears.

The house explains what I should think today
so I think everything else she forbids
because the ancient spirit of the world
shimmers in the glass of water I drink.

No matter how far away down the road
that winds through the forest of watching trees
I go to escape the house I designed
the same house appears on the road ahead.

I go in the house where I never lived
and find everything exactly the same
the last time I left to go somewhere else
so I stay since I am no longer there.

Inside the house where I did not grow up
I find the desk and the chair where I sat
writing tales of the planet I made up
in language with alphabet I designed.

The house explains to me my secret name
that I never heard before I was born
since I remember the day I was born
so I give myself new name every day.

The old faceless woman by the warm hearth
tells me about my childhood I forgot
though she has no mouth and she looks at me
with ten thousand eyes brighter than black holes.

I run out the front door of the strange house
and run through the woods for ten thousand years,
leaping along rivers, mountains to seas,
and stop before the back door of the house.

I run around the world ten thousand times
and end up at the same house somewhere else
so I wear the new face I mold from clay
and talk to the faceless woman of love.

She tells me love is the warm loaf of bread
that I give to everyone else to eat
with milk and honey, though I am so hungry
I faint and become the house where they live.

As the house I think the thoughts they should think
so they think what I tell them they should think
though they never know why they think those things
since my eyes blaze brighter than the black hole.

Now that I am the house where strangers live
I show them the true light of the fool moon
that no one can see with the eyes of hope
since only people who despair can see.

They try to escape, the people I love,
walking ten thousand miles around the world
and building great empires that rise and fall,
but always they find themselves at my door.

I stand at the door of the unseen house
and welcome wanderers to stay the night
so they eat and sleep and become the light,
and vanish in the wind that kisses windows.

After I eat the brains of my lost selves
I talk to the faceless woman of truth
so she teaches me how to play the sleuth
who discovers the names of all lost souls.

I put their faces on walls of the house
so everyone who visits can relate
the story of each person they once loved
who smiles while they wander the house forever.

The house of the faceless woman reveals
the architecture of the ghost I am
that structures neurons of my brain in webs
which sparkle clear in the realm of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment