Sunday, August 5, 2018

One Earth Is Our Home

One Earth Is Our Home
© Surazeus
2018 08 05

I walk through trees around the sparkling lake
and feel the shimmering glow of every soul
who walked this trail the past ten thousand years
threading spirals in conscious beams of light.

How strange it seems we humans must impose
name of our ancestor on heaps of dirt
as if we claim our right to use that space
supersedes rights of any other soul.

Yet we must signify places with names
so we can design model of the world,
mapping its arrangements inside our brains
so we can navigate privilege of power.

Why are you trying to drive me from this place
where my ancestors lived since dawn of hope
when they arrived before recorded time
to extract nutrition from its moist soil?

While vibrant chemicals pulse in my flesh
to activate performance of my hands
processing matter in meal we consume
I will assert my right to stand my ground.

Here on this spot beside the flowing stream
where trees drop fruit into our open hands
I will reside as sovereign of this space
to measure patterns with my stepping feet.

I rule this space, deciding who will eat,
and what strict role each person will perform
to help tend garden of fruit trees and herbs
as I reward or punish each performance.

I reward actions that create and build
for they cause pleasure through good growth with love,
but punish actions that destroy and kill
for they cause pain through evil death with hate.

We build empires on alliances of gangs
when men choose to follow one man as God
who leads one group to battle other groups,
then all assimilate in one large group.

I just want to walk around this calm lake
in pleasant peace of harmonious performance
while I play small role in my private drama
within the context of our global empire.

Will I have to fight to defend myself
or can I call police to guard me well
which maintains positive relationships
so we can pursue our own happiness?

While I explore outside pale of my knowledge
I expand my vision of the known world
to incorporate all world philosophies
in one flexible ontology of truth.

Thus I design complete encyclopedia
to enclose within circle of my feet
information of our world I perceive
arranged by language in world view of truth.

How shall we devise new naming of lands
that avoids tagging space as property
of one person who passed across its stage
so everyone knows one Earth is our home?

No comments:

Post a Comment