Thursday, August 9, 2018

Luminous Mask Of Memory

Luminous Mask Of Memory
© Surazeus
2018 08 09

How strange that silver clouds of boundless skies
seem to watch my every move with bright eyes
limpid as the luminous mask of memory
that glows before me in the august face
of my nameless ancestor whose vast soul
shrouds the world of my dreams with covering wings.

Wherever I wander in our strange world
on endless roads to distant towns, past fields
of whispering trees, where nameless strangers dwell,
I follow impulse of my aching heart
to discover in shadowed woods and drink
from fountains of divine philosophy.

Each fertile parcel of land in this world,
from margins of the dark bottomless sea
to jagged wall of the high mountain range,
retains sharp legal stake of ownership
driven into its heart by pioneer
who was first to invade and claim its space.

I am the Watcher in the boundless sky
whose blazing eye surveys all fertile space
where creatures, evolved from wild surging sea,
extend consciousness of desire to claim
right to explore this tangled wilderness
and rearrange its truths in paradise.

From crowded city streets of gleaming towers
I walk beyond perimeter of power
to survey waste land of waterless fear
and clutch dry dust of horror at bleak death
that snuffs bright flame of our consciousness blank
so I might claim small scope of dirt as mine.

Here on this patch of dirt I proclaim mine
I will forever reign as sovereign
to rule how people must behave by law
to create not destroy with crafting hands
and thus make love not kill in human drama
that we play on stage of aggressive lust.

At flash of eloquent blood in my tongue
I sing tumultuous music of desire
in harmony with wild electric tunes
that vibrate from strange harp in gentle hands
strange symphony which inspires dreams of truth
when I wake to look for her glowing eyes.

No supernatural consciousness of power
dominates our world from swirls of rainclouds,
yet people form groups to follow the man
who expresses well program to acquire
treasures of the Earth that nourish our souls
so we replicate in souls of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment