Thursday, August 9, 2018

Routine Of Our Lives

Routine Of Our Lives
© Surazeus
2018 08 09

The majority of time I drive my car
I follow the same efficient routine,
navigating the rigid path of gain
to maximize burning of gasoline
that maintains cycle of daily performance
which fuels flame of my spirit against rain
of elements that crush me into muck
when fierce nature tries to devour my soul.

Every ancestor for four million years
glowing bright with conscious desire to live
navigates hostile wilderness of monsters
so lithe expression of urgent emotion
through labyrinth of death transforms my body
fish to lizard to mouse to monkey to ape
to man wrestling with angel of desire
till I evolve into aggressive God.

Thunderstorm crackles over silent hills
and wind howls lashing through terrified trees
and rain blasts mud in torrents of despair
and lightning bolts split rocks in sparkling dust,
so I wonder if some enormous being
that personifies nature hunts my soul
to assimilate my frail flesh and bones
back into dreamless matter of the world.

I find no angry god in thunderstorm
for I am that spirit on the hill top
shaking long spear and laughing at the wind
who stands before the small terrified tribe
and howls out endless visions I perceive
to teach them mysteries of our swirling world
so we survive the waste land with strong love
working together to find food to eat.

Now that we survived twenty thousand years
of endless war against aggressive monsters
we conquered hostile wilderness of fear
and transformed wild forest of tangled roots
into organized garden of fruit trees
inside stone walls we build with bleeding hands
till we populate our whole spinning globe
and tell stories about how we survived.

We sit together before glowing screens
and watch movies and shows about great heroes
who conquered monsters of horror and lust
when actors perform roles before cameras
to remember how we struggled to fight
indifferent nature with civilized plans
as wise men managed cooperative actions
building empires that crumble when we die.

Now that we survived and conquered the world
we fight each other to control resources
but all I need is one tree by the river
where I can feast on apples and catch fish
I roast in ring of stones when stars glow bright
then listen to music of flowing water
that sings forever in my pulsing blood
when I sing aching sorrow of my heart.

But someone always invades my calm space,
pushing me out of my full apple tree,
so I wander along river of time,
searching forever for paradise lost
somewhere long ago in the swirling mist
till I just sit somewhere on river shore
and sing the aching sorrow of my heart
since nature has not yet crushed my wild soul.

I drive from home to work to home again,
then drive to several stores to buy some things,
then drive downtown to walk along the river
that sparkles with the memory of desire
so in the dance of light on gentle waves
I dream every ancestor alive in me,
millions of ghosts walking with me in breeze
scented by water they all drank before.

Composing verses of letters in words,
I capture rhythm of mist on the water
which reflects this vision of life I dream
so transcendental quest beyond my death
glows forever when you now read these words
to feel all our ancestors glow alive,
conjured by flash of this enchanting spell,
so we stand together forever and sing.



No comments:

Post a Comment