Monday, August 13, 2018

Black Hole Of Despair

Black Hole Of Despair
© Surazeus
2018 08 13

When I begin to spiral down Black Hole
of despair, falling into dark abyss
of aching horror at meaninglessness
of this miserable life, since all my hopes
are constantly crushed by harsh circumstance,
I lie on soft grass under the tall tree
and watch sunlight flicker through flapping leaves,
indifferent to my state of misery.

This vast world cares not whether I exist,
though its chemical processes of time
generated my body from blind lust,
and spit me out from fertile womb of hope,
so I walk forward toward the gleaming light,
seeking to satisfy hungry desire
that urges me to reach out grasping hands
and take fruit from the tree to consume light.

Sitting on still point of our turning world
on windy mountain top where fruit tree blooms,
I contemplate strong urge of my desire
till I comprehend its chemical force
in biological drive to reproduce
replication of myself in my children
who ask me about the meaning of life,
so I say it is to eat and make love.

There is no meaning to this hungry life,
so we design complex civilization
to manage the process of food production
so we can gather in star field to dance
and sing our stories of experience
while our planet spins through abysmal void,
then we lie together under fruit trees
and dream sparkle of stars in the White Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment