Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fruit Of Heaven Is Free

Fruit Of Heaven Is Free
© Surazeus
2018 08 22

The note of each soaring hawk that leaps high
beyond the ceiling of my eye, which cracks
to leak cold raindrops of the weeping god,
whose anguish wild in swirling waves I feel
embodied by the golden butterflies
who bring new words of hope back down to me,
contains the truth I pretend to deny
so no one knows how to contemplate why.

The way I try to walk to paradise
while whistling jaunty tune of aching heart
is now blocked by the shining golden gate
where men with spears threaten to stab my heart,
so I sit on the stone of surprised fear
and watch wind play in the tall tree of life
where apples I long to eat shine in light
since the crown of tyranny shines too bright.

I planted every tree of juicy fruit
with my own hands digging in soil of hope,
but now some man arrives on wagon wheels
and builds high wall of stone around my trees,
then tells me I must dig in mountain cave
to find bright jewels or gold in hard rock,
so he will give one fruit for each bright stone,
but I nurse fierce rage while digging alone.

I dig long shining beam of light from dirt
then twirl it wild around my throbbing head
till I control fierce anguish of my rage
in lithe elegant leaps of quick attack,
practicing techniques of parry and strike
to perfect control of swift martial art,
then stride bold toward the shining golden gates,
tense to fight where the group of guards awaits.

They see me striding bold with beam of light
so they throw spears, but I knock them away,
then, running forward with determined glare,
I grasp brass scepter tight with both hands strong
and raise it high while I leap on cold rage
to smash the skull of the captain of guards,
who falls in dust, then I crouch to fight more,
but they run away at the sight of gore.

Kicking open gates of false paradise,
I climb small ziggurat to temple hall
where the thief who calls himself Son of God
sits on gold throne, feasting on my sweet fruit,
while pretty girls dance, playing the harp and flute,
but they run away at sight of my face
and twelve guards leap forward to strike me dead
but I break their spears and bash in each head.

After I kill his guards, who bleed in dust,
I stand before the thief on throne of gold,
who offers me fruit and bright crown of gold
that glitters with twelve diamonds of the sky,
so I clutch his hair and drag him down stairs
to throw him in dust before angry crowd,
and declare, the fruit of heaven is free,
so all may feast in true equality.

Chaining the thief to my new throne of gold,
I wear the crown of diamonds on my head,
then wield the scepter of authority
to rule the commune of our paradise
where everyone does their part to tend fruit,
so we feast together in temple hall
while girls and boys dance to music of harps
and we sing together under bright stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment