Friday, August 3, 2018

Nameless Tourist Of Nowhere

Nameless Tourist Of Nowhere
© Surazeus
2018 08 03

I walk out the front door of my last home,
ride the taxi on the road to the airport,
ride the airplane over mountains and seas,
and walk through the door to the hotel room.

I feel the world spinning inside my head
as I gaze out the window at the city
where millions of strangers talk in weird tongues
concerning the same things I care about.

We want to eat and drink nutritious food,
we want to sing out our experiences,
we want to share pleasure with lover in bed,
and we want to watch sunlight glow on things.

I stand still by the fountain in the plaza
to gaze at the building where men once ruled
controlling lives of people for their profit,
then post photo of myself in its shadow.

I wander the endless maze of the world,
avoiding tense dramas of human lives,
to discover joy on the mountain meadow
where indifferent wind hugs me to the sky.

Now I am the nameless tourist of nowhere,
exploring everywhere on spinning Earth
to photograph the face of every person
who lives somewhere in the vast maze of roads.

When you see me on the road far ahead,
prepare the meal and the comfortable bed
so we can sit together on your porch
and share all the tales of our strange adventures.

The road goes ever on from my front door
and wherever it goes I follow far
till I stand beneath my ancestral star
to build my new home by the river flow.

I call this mountain the name of my father
and I call this lake the name of my mother
for they are with me everywhere I go
as my children grow in this nameless land.

These small black seeds that shimmer in my hand
I plant them in the moist soil by the river
so herbs and fruit trees sprout from my sad heart
while I sing my hope in the sun and rain.

Though I walk away from ancestral home
when invaders change the ways of my nation
I build new home where my children can grow
as we design new ways to live each day.

I grow fresh food and sell it in the market
for coins I spend to buy well-crafted things,
transforming garden into paradise
where my descendants worship me as God.

No comments:

Post a Comment