Saturday, August 11, 2018

Lost Prince Who Fell From The Tower

Lost Prince Who Fell From The Tower
© Surazeus
2018 08 11

The way silver rain flashes from black sky
to soak the round hill of bushes and birds
where I huddle behind the jagged rock
excites me to sing the heat of my heart.

I once was the prince in tall tower of stone
where the fire in the hearth was always warm,
and I ate bowls of stew the cooks prepared
while I learned how to strum the lute and sing.

Now I trudge lonely heaths where cold winds blow,
and sing to the stones that will never float
though ancient legends I once blithely sang
endow tragic singers with magic powers.

I shiver in rain and stare at gold light
that gleams on the endless sea of despair,
then watch the river trickle between rocks,
and wonder if thistles are good to eat.

I lose my sense of rhythm in the rain
that pounds my head with hard relentless beat
so if I sink into indifferent mud
my heart will be swallowed by dreamless gloom.

I wake from dream of the cloud-leaping horse
when the old woman with tangled gray hair
puts her basket of mushrooms in my hand
so I follow while she fills it with more.

Along the river where I lost my soul
she leads me to cave under jagged cliff
where she stores baskets of berries and nuts
so I put more logs on the crackling fire.

Slouched by the fire where I get warm and dry,
I stare out the cave at the shining sky
and sing terrible ache that burns my heart
till she gives me bowl of hot pumpkin soup.

Slurping soup of pumpkins, walnuts, and berries,
I feel sweet fire flush throughout my cold flesh
so I lie back and twirl dizzy in gloom
that rings with song of crickets by the stream.

After dawn she gives me bowl of lizard stew,
boiled with radishes, mushrooms, and fat frogs,
so I devour the world with hungry mouth
and step outside into the blazing sun.

I see the endless rolling peaks of hills
undulate with shimmering waves of sunlight
which swirl around me in spirals of smoke
to congeal into rocks with blinking eyes.

I see them everywhere on the steep cliff,
thousands of lizards with large blinking eyes,
so I become the giant from the sky
whose laughter causes wicked winds to howl.

From blazing sunlight on the pulsing hill
I see transformed from rays congealed in flesh
the husky woman with large milk-fat breasts
descending on fluttering wings of white flame.

The woman with long blond hair and blue eyes
who wears long green skirt and gold flowing cape
smiles and explains in words of flashing wind
how she wants to transform my secret soul.

The old woman in the cave laughs with joy
when the young woman with long golden hair
pulls up her skirt then lies down on her back
so I embrace her hips and kiss her lips.

I see the White Whole at the dawn of time
emerge from darkness of hungry despair
to flare forth singing in spirals of light
as I gaze in shining sea of her eyes.

I sink into the softness of her thighs
and swim down deep into sea of blue eyes
where I transform into the winged horse
and gasp when my hope fills her womb with seed.

Falling exhausted on my back, I laugh
with joy at sweet agony of desire,
and feel my body become rolling hills
where one fruit tree stands on the peak in rain.

Floating with pleasure in the fire-warm cave,
I gasp in surprise and roll away fast
when the old woman raises jagged rock
to smash my skull, so I jump to my feet.

The young woman takes the rock from her hand
and explains she wants to keep me alive
to fetch firewood and hunt deer in the woods,
then she smiles at me and kisses my mouth.

Putting the shovel and hoe in my hand,
the woman, who calls herself Birte, smiles
and teaches me how to dig garden plots
so she plants seeds while I loosen thick soil.

Every day I make love with Birte at dawn
and eat delicious stew her mother brews,
then help her tend garden of herbs and worts,
and bring buckets of water from the stream.

Each evening when the sun glows red as fire
we sit by the river that sparkles bright
and she smiles at me with tear-glittering eyes
while I sing haunting melodies of love.

When Birte births little boy with my eyes,
I wash him clean and place him at her breast,
so she suckles him with milk of her heart,
then names him Albert as she smiles at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment