Thursday, August 30, 2018

Keeper Of The Wishing Well

Keeper Of The Wishing Well
© Surazeus
2018 08 30

The open door of the false afternoon
remembers nothing. The man on the moon
explains to the demon rabbit of Hell
how wishes are granted by Water Well
where people throw lost dreams. The time to vote
for the king of laughter, who maybe wrote
the sacred scripture that nobody reads,
is now before the secret police needs
your passcode to access dreams of your brain.
They want to make sure you know why the rain
transforms into the angel none can see
except those who really want to live free.

No matter what happens that breaks my heart
I always return to the tattered chart
at entrance to the town park where it says
you are here. Nowhere in the endless maze
can I find my wallet with picture card
that proves I have the right to exist. Hard
as it may seem to believe, I am not
the long-expected Messiah who brought
new video camera to record your dreams.
Though I wear this glass mask I know not seems,
except for the way the masters of war
plan to paint the Red Cross on every door.

So that is why you see me walk alone
endless maze of city streets with the stone
that fell from heaven to prove God is real,
the giant robot-dragon forged from steel,
operated by ten thousand human brains,
who rises from wild ocean in ice rains.
No Zeus, no Apollo, no Hercules,
no Jesus, no Godin can find the keys
unlocking nuclear power that blows the sky
brighter than crystal camera of my eye.
I sit in my apartment without care
to watch these world events happen out there.

I will not play your political game
though you pretend to know my secret name
behind mask I wear of Indifferent Boy.
The gods who play with me like little toy
are mortal rich men hiding in glass towers
who think they can own warm sunlight and flowers,
and want to charge us rent to drink the water.
Even though the world is now getting hotter,
because exhaust from factories and cars
blots out moonlight and poisons the pure stars,
senators and businessmen drink blood wine
and plot to make us pay for free sunshine.

What began as this litany of praise
for wise God who rules over city maze
became lament for the people enslaved
to earn wealth while our paradise is paved
with asphalt brewed from blood of dinosaurs.
Noble queens are now forced to work as whores
while merchants now live as kings on our backs
who insist their deceptions are now facts
with sneer of mockery at our expense.
The slave-owner wants to replace the fence
with the wall he claims will keep people out
of our paradise where mute angels shout.

The faceless old woman who is not there
explains to me that life is never fair
to anyone else, so I should not cry
with bitter anguish to indifferent sky
that ignores me. I walk down to the beach
and gaze at paradise just out of reach
that seems to be the real world all around.
Behind roar of engines I hear strange sound
emanating from glow cloud of desire
that spreads broad wings of enveloping fire
to penetrate my heart. I carve new laws
on Emerald Tablet with my dragon claws.

Rejecting role of world messiah clown,
who brings salvation to every lost town,
I go on quest to find the natural truth
and thus transform into the clever sleuth
who solves crimes and brings justice to all men.
We learned how to sing from Mother Amen
while sitting on her pyramid of eyes
who first told us God is the shining skies.
I analyze the data I perceive
to understand how lovers can conceive
new bodies that generate dreaming souls
who must design their own personal roles.

After wandering civilization maze
to find our world god hidden in the haze,
I find computer tower on hill of skulls
full of office workers in cubicles
where the Puppet Master manipulates
idealogues crowded at the pearly gates
to hunt down and kill thinking scientists
whose facts accuse greedy capitalists
of enslaving workers in factories
who perform labor like obedient bees.
Lucifer wrestles with the tyrant god,
attempting to expose him as the fraud.

Hurled from the citadel of global power,
Lucifer falls forever from the tower
where Rapunzel sings the latest pop tune
while illuminated by the false moon.
Crashing to the waste land with broken wings,
Indifferent Boy sits where the blind girl sings
ancient spells that record how we evolve,
then replicate before our souls dissolve.
Walking together by the flashing stream,
Indifferent Boy and Haughty Girl share dream
of building paradise in walls of stone,
but he wakes up to find he dreams alone.

The open door of the weird afternoon
remembers true name of the royal goon
who escaped from the prison camp of Hell
to charge everyone for the Wishing Well.
After wandering lost in the maze of life
for forty years with his adoring wife,
Indifferent Boy creates new paradigm
to explain the process of space and time.
Emanating from core of the Black Hole,
all matter transforms into the White Whole
that flares forth from first flash of the big bang
and wakes up in the grove where apples hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment