Thursday, October 4, 2018

Muse Who Guides My Way

Muse Who Guides My Way
© Surazeus
2018 10 04

If I could fly out window of my fear
to sail across the ocean of wild storms
and climb the rugged mountains of despair
where I become the wind between the stars
and spiral with the sunlight in the sea
then I would give you apple of my love
and sing the moonlight in your glowing eyes.

If I could fly the capsule of this plane
far out beyond the freezing atmosphere
and soar across the abyss of deep space
to surf the endless storms of Jupiter
and become the eye of its diamond core
then I would take you dancing on the moon
so we can watch Earth rise in harmony.

Why do I hesitate to smile at you
and hover in the shadows of mute shame,
thinking I am not good enough for you,
instead to daydream how our love will play
if I perform my role with perfect care,
except I fear I will bumble my lines
and break the spell of expectant desire.

I walk outside the mute door of my fear
and leave behind my broken heart of shame
to travel nameless down the open road
beyond the city where I failed the game
and stand alone in rain on boundless plain
to feel unfettered freedom in my wings
when I start my quest for the Holy Grail.

I climb the mountain to the singing woods
where noise of factories and highway cars
fades silent in the wind that blows through pines
so now I hear the sparkle of the stream
that flows from cavern of true prophecy
in ever-flowing fount as horses play
where I read mystery of life in swift waves.

I travel far beyond my comfort zone
to stand on street corners in strange new towns
and strum guitar of ancient troubadours
to sing the mystery of our universe
reflected in the beauty of your eyes
though I will never return to your door
for you are now the Muse who guides my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment