Friday, October 26, 2018

Timeless Sadness Of The Empty Building

Timeless Sadness Of The Empty Building
© Surazeus
2018 10 26

The timeless sadness of the empty building
remembers when people gathered in rooms
to share thoughts about their experiences
since echoes of their words still bounce off walls
long after they vanish into thin air
and leave their sorrows in dust on the floor.

The trees still flourishing in silent wind
listen to the songs of wood in the buildings
to share stories about spirits of flesh
who appear and disappear in quick flash
of aching desire to transcend the body
which dissolves into soil where tree roots curl.

I wander the empty building alone
and stand forever in warm slanting light
that glows with indifference to my concerns
about my failure to play drama well
when people gather in rooms to express
passion for the dance of hopeful desire.

I hang my portrait on the laughing wall
and float nowhere in the mirroring hall
to become one mind with the building soul
so I will remain long after I leave
to explore the field of absolute truth
and return with the Idea of everything.

When I was still young, observing the world,
I sat in church with believers in God
where hymns and sermons conjure virtual world
that claims supernatural mind creates all,
but when I walked out into the real world
their vision vanished like bubbles on water.

If they must gather in the church each week
to renew their faith in that deity,
then their faith does not match reality,
for truth of measured facts remains the truth
whether we believe it is true or not,
so I believe real truth outside my head.

Yet still the building of their gathering
waits for me to return with truth I find
about function of calculating mind
to comprehend nature of observed things,
but truth would shatter their faith to its core
so I leave them trapped inside prison door.

Their faith in eternal life of the soul
and hope for resurrection after death
appears to comfort them in suffering
and keeps them going through hard trials of life,
yet I need no false faith to journey on
through cycle of pain to the hopeful dawn.

The sweetness of pleasure my body feels
when consuming material of good food
and mating to create genetic souls
sustains chemical processes of life
so I savor ritual of daily routine
which maintains health of this body I am.

I play this game of life within four walls
of this building I constructed from matter
to protect my body from the harsh weather
where we assemble as close family
to share adventures outside guardian door
so we return from quests with truth of things.

My memories shine with hours of talk and play
we shared within this building of our hopes,
so I long to relive those days again
while sitting alone in its ruined walls
where only the wind sings in empty halls
about truth of indifferent elements.

The timeless sadness of the empty building
almost crushes my soul with bleak despair,
but beaming glow of my pleasure for life
dispels nothingness of hungry desire
so I sing, though no one can hear my words,
fragile flame of life through infinite silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment