Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Mute Pawn In The Game

Mute Pawn In The Game
© Surazeus
2018 10 30

Naked in the giant cave by the sea,
I gaze from darkness of unending night
at clear blue sky above deep sparkling waves,
and remember how far we have come now
since we crawled up rivers to dwell in lakes,
and reached our hands to grasp fruit from the tree.

Around me in the gloom of the sea cave
the soul of every conscious human being
who was ever born from the womb of woman
stares at me because my face is the mask
of First Mother that reflects who we are,
so I chant their names in Song of Lost Souls.

Dressing in costume of social convention,
I leave the cave where every soul was born
and drive my car on the highway back home
where I live in our vast suburban maze,
and sit invisible in living room
where their souls crowd around my empty head.

Maybe when I am walking down the street,
intent on the business of my own craft,
someone who hates concepts I represent
will shoot me with the bullet of their hate
because that is how they think wars are won
though I am just one mute pawn in the game.

When world view we thought was real as the sky
crumbles around our heads in shards of lies,
despair not our sacred truths were just laws
written by dead men to control our fate,
but gather with lost souls in ring of stones
to share facts we can measure with our hands.

Build new Temple of Truth from observed facts
based on strong principle of Liberty
and equal Justice for all living souls
so we can return to producing food
we distribute so everyone can eat,
working together on this fertile land.

I envision code of this prophecy
while sitting alone in my private home,
observing dissolution of our Way
we built on defeat of slavers and fascists,
for they rise again from ashes of war,
zombies of hate who would enslave our minds.

Our Goddess of Liberty always triumphs
over slavers and fascists in cruel wars,
for every person born with flesh and blood
attains inalienable right to life,
liberty, and pursuit of happiness,
thus we vote as the mute pawn in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment