Friday, October 5, 2018

Energy Of Silent Trust

Energy Of Silent Trust
© Surazeus
2018 10 05

The loneliness of the space between stars
amplifies the distance between our hearts
when we persist in our daily routines
to maintain the fantasy of our hope
which sustains the vision of faithful love
blooming from energy of silent trust.

Ascending slopes of Olympus, I climb
skulls the size of boulders on windy peak,
so when I enter ancient marble temple
I find nothing but wind howling nowhere
for Zeus dissolved to dust so long ago
that even his name fades like lightning strikes.

How fondly I recall that fateful day
when Athena reminded Father Zeus
that Odysseus was stuck on Hidden Isle
and swift Hermes failed to convince Kalypso
to set the wanderer free on quest for home,
but now they all are gone with turning time.

What joyful hours we spent for centuries,
feasting together in high mountain hall
on cows and rams roasted on altar stones,
and drinking sweet wine from long tangled vines,
then sharing stories about expeditions
to explore distant lands of snow or sand.

How did I survive these endless millennia,
watching empires of men swell from small towns
to assimilate millions of good people
in complex social systems of production
then collapse in turmoil of civil wars
only to rise again to build new empires?

Humans always want one to rule them all,
contending in revolutions of change
over how to organize job hierarchies
that determine roles each person must play
to maintain the food-production machine
which collapses when some eat more than others.

I miss the way Goddess Athena smiled
whenever she caught lightning in her hand
and molded molten metal in new shapes
with changing power of the Eternal Craftsman
while showing me how to transform material
when creating from the bones of the Earth.

Though I miss friendship feasts of the Gods
when we sang together in ringing hall
the music of their voices echoes still
deep in the twisting labyrinth of my heart
so they are with me though they are long gone
and they laugh through the sorrow I express.

No comments:

Post a Comment