Thursday, October 25, 2018

Fall Of Ozymandias

Fall Of Ozymandias
© Surazeus
2018 10 25

Ozymandias son of Midas stands tall,
bold and defiant on gold pyramid,
then commands his vile minions to obey,
"Kill everyone who opposes my rule
before they try to drag me from my throne,
for I am great king who rules the whole world."

Howling with hatred, his vile minions run
throughout the city with weapons of death,
but everyone who opposes the cruel tyrant
defend themselves against brutal attack,
then gather in the temple of their god
and plot to drag him from the throne of power.

They stand before him on the pyramid
and accuse him of trying to kill them all,
but he blusters and shouts, "This is fake news,
because you hired those assassins to strike,
then blame their assault on me without cause,
for I defend our nation from attack."

They grab his arms and drag him from the throne,
then force him to kneel before crowd of people
where they recite list of his evil crimes,
when he killed people to steal fertile land,
then condemn him to die under the law
as he shouts, "I am the great king of kings."

No comments:

Post a Comment