Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Gold Glow Of The Rising Sun

Gold Glow Of The Rising Sun
© Surazeus
2018 10 31

The eerie gold glow of the rising sun
shimmers through tangled tree-limbs of my heart,
making faces of people I love glow
with transcendent spirit of timeless death.

How strange that nature continues to shine
with each new day in cycle of rebirth
when everyone I love grew old and died,
and vanished into shadows cast by light.

The older people of our clan are gone
replaced now by fresh children of their bodies,
and we are making love in the cool night
to generate new children with our faces.

Each generation replaces the one
who taught us how to play our social roles,
and now I see them in our little children
who defy our rules to invent their own.

I see the charming face of my small child
transform each shining day as they mature,
becoming more the face my mother beamed
when she passed her spirit into my heart.

When I was young I saw each human face
as static embodiment of their soul,
but then I saw the old deteriorate
and the young blossom to maturity.

Now I can see in every living face
complete life cycle from infant to elder
that transforms our souls through each phase of hope
as we play various roles in game of life.

You are the rising sun, my little child,
as I am the sun at top of the sky,
but you will top the sky just as I set,
so love your children when they rise in turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment