Sunday, October 14, 2018

Arcane Art Of Augury

Arcane Art Of Augury
© Surazeus
2018 10 14

The aching stillness of sunlight on grass
fills my blank mind with existential dread,
so I review how birds write arcane spells
in spiral dance across vast empty sky
to understand strange mystery of this self
expressing thoughts through actions of my hands.

Each time I picture drama in my eyes
I hear some other person speak my thoughts
as if they see those visions I project,
and sing strange words that reflect my concepts
so my own dreams return to me reborn
with alien majesty of aching truth.

I leap from silence of concealed despair
to swerve from strict expected path of action
so I can blaze new trail in wilderness
of harrowing contempt to find strange truth
no other eye as ever yet perceived,
and carve its sinews in letters on wood.

When I once kneeled by pool of sparkling waves
to drink sweet sunlight of the dreaming world,
after running swiftly with my wild clan,
I saw my own real face for the first time
and wept that I am clone of everyone,
mute stranger with no true name of my own.

This arcane art of augury I dream
awake, encased in container of flesh
molded by invisible hands of lust,
reveals more mysteries about shape of things
with every question that congeals my search,
so ever deeper lost I wander nowhere.

With every question I breathe into wind
about nature of this world I perceive
I find more questions than answers, concealed
by words I express which hide my first thought
under layers of lies I thought were truth,
so I dig deeper in dirt where birds fly.

Roots of trees curl down into rancid soil
deep as their branches reach up to frail clouds,
connecting blind Earth that spins in my head
to every star that flickers beyond reach
so light beams down to writhe in limbs of trees
congealed with rain into fruit I must eat.

So face to face we sit on river shore,
hands of our minds touching other strange face
so we become the soul we comprehend,
then we give each other fresh fruit to eat
and laugh as we watch birds reveal the truth
that we replicate ourselves in our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment