Monday, October 15, 2018

Fragile Shadow Of My Soul

Fragile Shadow Of My Soul
© Surazeus
2018 10 15

Snow flakes swirl spirals around tall pine trees
through clandestine quest for the perfect touch.
I know nothing but gold sunlight on snow
and crisp air of infinite soul I breathe.

We walk slow in long line of silent purpose
to survive in the hostile wilderness.
Black ravens in oak trees watch us with eyes
dark as moonless night in still mountain woods.

People in cities fight for roles of power
in contests of speeches to win more votes.
I vote for restless winds of mountain peaks
which cut through fragile shadow of my soul.

I gather wood and build the roaring fire
which I feed with lost memories of despair.
They bring the fat deer we roast on the spit,
and laugh as we share stories by starlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment