Wednesday, October 3, 2018

How Shall We Change The System

How Shall We Change The System
© Surazeus
2018 10 03

Why am I honest in my daily life
when cheaters who commit fraud acquire great wealth
by exploiting huge loopholes in tax laws
to avoid paying their fair share for all?

I work hard every day from eight to five
and allocate each check to pay my bills
so I play straight by all commercial rules
yet earn enough to survive month by month.

People who already have lots of money,
far more than I earn working my whole life,
avoid paying their fair share of taxes to keep
cash that could help fund our society.

I pay my fair share of taxes to fund
schools where our children learn to explore,
and infrastructure of functional cities
so all citizens prosper as we live.

As they acquire more wealth than they need
they fund campaigns of corrupt politicians
who change laws that help them acquire more wealth
while suppressing us so they stay in power.

How shall we change the system of our game
so everyone acquires wealth through hard work
and pays their fair share to fund city functions,
through revolution of the gun or law?

No comments:

Post a Comment