Friday, October 12, 2018

Daphne Battles The Slavers

Daphne Battles The Slavers
© Surazeus
2018 10 12

The master of the light who dreams my soul
is nothing more than my own consciousness.
When I dream myself part of the White Whole
I shiver with pleasure of emptiness.

I glide among silent trees by the lake,
loath to return soon to the crowded town.
I become light on water sunrays make,
vibrating bright with its infinite tone.

Voices of people echo in my head,
defining who I do not want to be.
Rules explain how to avoid getting killed,
maintaining life through controlled liberty.

I collect falling rain with open hands
and drink sweet sunlight that soothes aching heart.
I explore smooth contours of strange new lands,
describing their mysteries on mental chart.

Faceless men appear from shadows of fear
and try to grasp the mystery of my soul.
I vanish into flicker of the mere
to become one with the constant White Whole.

Hiding within leaves of the laurel tree,
I watch them chase the shadow of desire.
When they are gone I can again breathe free,
dancing slow while they wallow in the mire.

They captured nine women in wagon cage,
so I lure the driver into dark woods.
I smash his head with wand in controlled rage,
then lead the women where the old witch broods.

I meditate alone in sea-shore cave
to ponder wickedness of greedy men.
I dedicate my performance to save
women from slavers however I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment