Thursday, October 18, 2018

I Am Mother Of America

I Am Mother Of America
© Surazeus
2018 10 18

Anxieties that vibrate in my head
alert me to dangers I may not see
so I observe my space with open eyes
to watch for dangers that may threaten me.

Often I cannot clearly see the danger
that slouches toward me in shadow of fear
so terror grips me on this sunny day
when everything seems to be peachy keen.

Standing at the window of my quaint home,
staring at leaves of trees rustling in wind,
I eat sweet peach to taste its ancient truth
and contemplate signs that something is wrong.

Once people thought black cats were signs of danger
but they are just cats whose fur absorbs light,
though if you saw cat of the village gossip
you knew she was close and out to cause trouble.

My husband flies away on business trips
while I stay home and get our kids to school
because I want them to make better lives
than I did since my drunk father beat me.

The only reason I fear if he cheats
and strange woman gets pregnant from his lust,
is he sends money to care for that child
and neglects the children he has with me.

I want to maintain this good life we built
together based on our romantic dreams,
but if he wants more will I lose it all,
and end up homeless, muttering in the street?

Where can I go if he abandons me
and leaves me to care for our kids alone,
so they would achieve less than if he stayed
and paid for them to attend the best college?

I am anxieties contained in flesh,
always considering how things could go wrong
so I can preempt disaster with plan
to maintain balance of energy flow.

I see the eagle of America
shriek in horror from the shattering sky
as our world view crumbles around our heads
so we fear problems the future may bring.

Is Future some giant dragon with eyes
blazing flames of war against frail mankind
that it brings disaster to smash our world
which we created to sustain our lives?

When we were weak and helpless villagers
beset by monsters from the wilderness
strong heroes defended us all from harm
but now we dominate the spinning world.

Will my husband stay with us every day
to protect me and our children from harm
since monsters are disguised as human beings
who seek to exploit us for their own gain?

Though my body creates life from his seed
his strength protects our young children from harm
and his work in the food-making machine
funds this strong house which protects us at night.

How easy it would be to kill myself
to escape the stress of sustaining life,
but beauty of pleasure inspires my heart
to continue struggling to stay alive.

Watching my children learn truth as they play
inspires me to keep their spirits alive
and continue teaching them how to live
so they will love life more after I die.

I am tense bundle of anxieties,
contemplating methods to stay alive
while I navigate the labyrinth of lies
on eternal quest for beauty of truth.

I am mother of America,
watching over my children I create
so they treat everyone they meet with love
as we participate in game of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment