Thursday, November 29, 2018

Visions Flashing In My Brain

Visions Flashing In My Brain
© Surazeus
2018 11 29

We walk forever among our tall trees
where mute wind whispers strange secrets we hide
till men with horrible faces of hunger
leap from shadows to grab us with hard hands
then roast us on hot fire to eat our flesh,
but we kill them and burn them to gray ash.

Terrible trauma of constant attacks
flashes through the eyes of parents who smile
to soothe children who cry out in the dark
because lost memories of horrible faces
haunt dreams of descendants thousands of years
till they go mad in asylum of fear.

With every generation down the ages
our brains store more clear memories of their lives
so I relive millions of them alive
in complex scenes of human interaction
which replay drama of hostile events
to demonstrate their actions to survive.

Where brains once conjured visions of the world
as we perceive it at hour of awareness
now brains envision concepts modeled whole
so clear we see them bright before our eyes
as if those imagined people are real
though they are idols our brains fantasize.

No wonder so many people went mad
when their brains conjured horrible events
to warn them of attacks that might occur
so harsh traumas their ancestors endured
flashed too clearly before their dreaming eyes
which caused them to break down in mute despair.

When I walk forever among tall trees
I see visions of traumatic events
my ancestors experienced in their lives
though they survived to breed new generation,
who accumulates memories of their dramas
so they keep warning me of coming dangers.

This alarm system of horror I feel
alerts me to watch out for dangerous men
who lurk in gloom of possible events
so I could panic and freak out in fear,
or note after inspection of my space
that I am safe as I move through this world.

I dream strange visions flashing in my brain
that blind my eyes to the real world I see,
but I move bold through that obscuring mist,
then write what I dream in enchanting verse
so I can prophesy what will occur
through analysis of cause and effect.

When we are talking face to face in sunlight,
words we speak convey visions of our minds
through enchanting medium of vibrant sounds,
so we see visions the other mind dreams
as if those places and people are real,
performing before scope of dreaming eyes.

People who cannot separate those dreams
of waking speech from sight of the real world
fall apart into blind insanity,
but we who can see beyond spoken visions
to perceive the real from the fantasy
breed children with better functioning brains.

Envisioning big picture of the world
with complex all-encompassing world view
that more accurately reflects what is real
allows us to better navigate life
based on stories of people whose decisions
caused comedy of life or tragedy of death.

We walk forever among our tall trees
where mute wind whispers strange secrets we dream
and express in rich art of telling stories
to share our experiences of perception
so together we survive brute attacks
and raise new children to comprehend truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment