Friday, November 23, 2018

Starring Role

Starring Role
© Surazeus
2018 11 23

Many different groups of people compete
to impose their narrative of success
on all other groups struggling to survive
with the grand story that assimilates
all other subplots in their major plot.

I proclaim that my wise supremacy
to dominate the Earth with my world view
over time is manifest destiny
that I am better than everyone else
so worship me or I will crush you all.

I am the greatest king in history
to rule every nation of human beings
because my vision for global success
details more complex solutions to balance
equal justice for each bold citizen.

My value structure combines all desires
of every competing group in one game
based on rights of each individual
to control performance of their own body
when they join group to fulfill their agenda.

I walk outside the house on country road
and stand on yellow grass and crackling leaves
to smell pungent scent of late-autumn rain
and wood fires crackling in the brick fireplace
of houses hidden among bare brown trees.

I deconstructed our social power structures
to analyze wants of competing groups
in search for national narrative of love
where people from tribes all over the Earth
live together in peaceful harmony.

Tautly twisted rhythm of music beats
we chant on stage in the dark smoky bar
at the slam poetry open-mic event
when pretentious prophets proclaim fake news
to foster revolution of expression.

Though we are complex variety of types,
every race, gender, religion, and job,
we sing together truth in harmony
that every person has the right to live
starring role in their private drama show.

No comments:

Post a Comment