Thursday, November 15, 2018

Emperor Of Apples

Emperor Of Apples
© Surazeus
2018 11 15

At the end of the road where I stand lost
on the treeless plain, lit by laughing stars,
I build the inner sanctum of my heart
as shelter to protect me from wild storm
and tomb where my skull will stare into space
to explain the truth for ten thousand years.

Why blame me for what my children will do
when they turn my tomb into sacred church
where they recount grand tale of my vain quest
to discover truth of eternal life
which provides blind base for empire of power
they construct in food-production machine?

All I wanted was to find Tree of Life
that grows from lush shore by river of dreams
where I could sit with kind woman I love
to sing about truth while we eat sweet fruit,
and teach our children how to grow new trees
so they can eat well when winter snows fall.

They create tall statue of me from gold
which shows me holding apple in my hand
on enormous pyramid where they rule,
controlling ten thousand orchards of apples
where people work all day to grow more fruit
instead of singing on the river shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment