Monday, November 5, 2018

Good System Of Democracy

Good System Of Democracy
© Surazeus
2018 11 05

How deep in flowing stream of consciousness
must I dive to discover secret light
that animates my sense of special self
since I am nothing more than molecules
assembled at random in dreaming brain
that names itself after the Morning Star?

When I first gazed at the small pool of water,
that shimmers on asphalt in autumn dawn,
I thought it might be some mirroring door
to the alternate universe I want
to be more real than this world where I wander
purposeless in waste land of blind faith.

I am not Lucifer, fallen from Heaven
of changeless Ideas above crystal shell,
but I clash rocks to spark fire by the river
where I watch flames writhe with transcendent grace
till I realize heat animates my flesh
so I stretch my arms in cold purple rain.

Everywhere I go I see gangs of people,
devoted to strange beliefs of their faiths,
who want to kill me because I do not
perceive the same illusion of the world
that they believe describes the way it works,
clinging to lies their dead grandfathers told.

For ten thousand years prophets organize
lost people in groups of devoted fans
who adopt complete world view they design
to perform actions of constructive effect
on mission of producing food to live
which constrains energy through daily rituals.

Each person in the group must obey rules
without question to maintain ritual force
producing food so everyone can eat
because if one person questions the way
they do things then the whole enterprise falls
into chaos of selfish civil war.

The company is greater than each person
because all individuals come and go
but the larger institution they form
lives beyond them all many generations,
sustained by the unquestioning belief
of each new person who joins the commune.

The cult provides world view explaining truth
for me to program how my brain perceives,
but I leave the cult of absolute laws
and design my own more complete world view
so I become prophet of my religion,
exploring the world to see its real essence.

Now I have become Lucifer, Light Maker
who rebels against God on his high throne
because he demands blind obedience
and threatens to kill me if I refuse
to love him with absolute loyalty,
so he hurls me from walls of paradise.

Stepping beyond the prison gates of Heaven,
strong stone castle where the people obey
the absolute monarch on throne of power
without question, I wander wilderness
to find new spot on the lush river shore
where I tend my own garden of fruit trees.

To prevent thieves from stealing fruit I grow,
I build wall of stone around my small garden,
where I establish new rules of behavior
to manage creative actions of people
who ask to join my group of followers,
and thus become the monarch I reject.

Every group of people who live together,
cooperating to grow food so all may eat,
requires one honest person they all trust
to enforce laws they all agree to follow,
so we vote for the ruler we respect
in the good system of democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment