Friday, November 9, 2018

Atheism Is Not A Faith

Atheism Is Not A Faith
© Surazeus
2018 11 09

When I declare I am an atheist,
and believe consciousness only exists
as active function of organic brains,
insecure theists will try to insist
my atheism is another faith,
so I have to prove to them they are wrong.
Faith is belief in what cannot be proven
with physical evidence to be real.

Theism is belief the universe
is controlled by enormous conscious being,
that everyone refers to by name God,
who is beyond limits of time and space
and created everything with its thought,
which cannot be proved to be a real thing,
therefore belief in God is only faith.
Atheism is but lack of belief
the universe is conscious in itself,
therefore atheism is not a faith
because it is based on what can be proved
and not on what we imagine is real.

Some ancient Greek philosophers declared
if our minds can imagine something well,
describing it in words we can express,
then it must be real outside of our minds,
so this argument was used by theists
to insist that Idea of God is real
because we can image powerful being
who created everything we perceive.
While our brains can imagine anything
because they are powerful dreaming machines
this does not prove that all we can imagine
is real somewhere in the vast universe,
therefore, although we can imagine God
our belief does not prove that it is real.

When I see your face, and gaze in your eyes
to perceive your thoughts conjured by your words,
I believe you are a real human being
with organic brain that beams virtual world
designed by thoughts based on experience,
so I offer you fresh apple to eat.
We are alive now on this spinning globe,
seeking to understand world we perceive,
and express our visions through verbal art,
therefore I call myself a Humanist.

I cannot believe powerful God exists,
but I know you exist, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment