Thursday, November 8, 2018

Howling Skull Of Jesus

Howling Skull Of Jesus
© Surazeus
2018 11 08

The laughing skull of Hamlet knows my name
so I walk into the White House at dawn
to realign stars of the Universe
and play chess with Death for souls of Mankind.

Beside fountain of the flying horse I play
forgotten ballads of the castle crew
who weep for the swan girl with broken wings
when she wanders lost in the wilderness.

I drink the rain to remember your tears
you give away for free to the mute clown
who walks on rainbows to paradise lost
though I wear jeweled crown no one can see.

Riding in the back of the pickup truck,
I watch clouds spiral into angel souls
in the sky that shimmers over green hills
sloping downward to the infinite sea.

This vision of beauty bright in my mind
I experienced when I was a young boy
forty years ago in small Texas town,
but it could be any town in the world.

The singing skull of Orpheus follows me
wherever I go on journey of life
to reveal secrets about human minds
so I comprehend social games of power.

Alert to danger everywhere I go
I wander labyrinth of numberless doors
to battle vampire priests in every church
when zombies vote for the tyrant as king.

They tell me we will resurrect from death
if we believe that some dead man is God
and pay them tithe to buy access to Heaven
but I expose their lies as fantasy.

This little garden on chess board of Earth
where I live is my paradise of Heaven,
so sit and tell me the tale of your life
while I record the mysteries of your soul.

When I look in the Mirror of Desire
I see looking back from the other world
the howling skull of Jesus that is me
so I laugh and sit with my wife to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment