Thursday, November 15, 2018

Leave This World Of Pain

Leave This World Of Pain
© Surazeus
2018 11 15

Flash of light through wind-rustled leaves of trees
elevates my soul far outside my body
so I float in clear sky of timeless truth
far above changing world of growth and death.

All descriptions of body I inhabit
vanish throughout transparent clarity
of perfect being generated from dream
my mind beams from vision of paradise.

The name that once defined my self-image
dissolves into featureless mask of ice
so I become soul of each human being
who exists in vast stream of consciousness.

I want to escape this body of flesh
enslaved by iron chains that bind my limbs
so he can whip my body all he wants
because I am now beyond all sharp pain.

I remember running in sunlit woods
to play with my pony in river meadow
when men snapping whips snatched me with strong hands
and locked me surprised in cold wagon cage.

For thirty seasons of winters and summers
they forced me to work hauling blocks of stone
while they build cathedral on river shore
where they can worship their crucified god.

I always hoped that my father would come
and break me free from iron chains of fear
but now I know that he will never come
and I will work hauling stones till I die.

So I will lie down now in this cold mud
and never rise again to work or eat
since they will never choose to set me free
then I will die and leave this world of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment