Friday, November 30, 2018

No Ghost Is External

No Ghost Is External
© Surazeus
2018 11 30

No ghost is external to human minds
for our memories conjure those apparitions
of good people we love when they are absent
by projecting their presence in the air.

Translating our desire to see their face,
our brain designs idol of their lost spirit
to soothe aching sorrow of anguished heart
so we feel they are with us, still alive.

While drifting on my stream of consciousness,
I sense them near me in shadow of hope,
and for one flashing second I perceive
whole beauty of their soul in human form.

But when I snap awake they disappear,
and clear light of truth reveals nothing there,
yet still sweet scent of their soul lingers near,
so I know I have nothing more to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment