Sunday, November 25, 2018

Angel Of Light I Am Now

Angel Of Light I Am Now
© Surazeus
2018 11 25

Strange transformation of my naked soul
from laughing horse to monkey with the gun
mirrors rectitude of angel who knows
why Death cannot see our faces at dawn.

I sail the old wood boat across the sea
to find the sacred land of liberty
since tyrants now control my native land
and steal everything I make with my hands.

Since engine of my car broke down last month
I have spent my time sitting in the ditch
talking to cracked skulls of medieval kings
who explain how to play chess for the prize.

After hitchhiking from edge of the world
I cross the Mississippi River bridge
for the first time when I am thirty one
so I can return to land of my tribe.

I build new home in every town I visit
along the nameless highway of lost souls,
and live there for three years till apple tree
splits open to reveal the Eye of Truth.

Because I am no blind Samson of faith
I must always move on at turn of time
to continue my never-ending quest
to map the history of the universe.

Which weird mask from the ancient gallery
of dead gods should I wear to the grand ball
where I plan to dance with the princess bride
who sings with birds in the tower of false hope?

I cannot decide between social heroes,
Apollo who sings sweet spells in Elysium,
or Jesus who wails laments on Golgotha,
so instead I decide to play Orpheus.

So I descend into dark Underworld
where Plato watches shadows on the wall
and rescue Ophelia from stream of tears,
lifting her from Alph River in my arms.

From sunless caverns measureless to man
I return to the world of aching hope
and lay Snow White among tall apple trees
then kiss her to revive her humming soul.

We dance together in the ring of stones
where dawn sun gleams through swirling mist of love
so we remember when the world was born
in flash that still vibrates in mental atoms.

Tearing alligator skin off my soul,
I release angel of light I am now
to dwell by fountain of the flying horse
and chant riddles which reveal sacred truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment