Thursday, November 29, 2018

I Lost My First Home

I Lost My First Home
© Surazeus
2018 11 29

States develop around access to water
when capitols bloom at the mouth of rivers
because access to inner continents
happens quickest on boats sailing up streams
through travel to distant lands on the sea.

Thus the narrow peninsula of Europe
is fragmented with many smaller nations
while the broad expansive landscape of Russia
to the far east is controlled by one town,
and their main goal is the port of Crimea.

Will Europe unite into one great nation
while Russia fragments into smaller states,
or will they all unite to operate
business between national corporations
to standardize high quality of life?

I long to return to my ancient homeland
where Scythia once reigned as queen of our hearts
before we spread out in long wagon trains
to populate lands all the way to Scotland
from where I sailed on westward to America.

Sprouting from fertile landscape of Gothinia,
we built boats to sail along sparkling rivers
then sailed vast seas to colonize the world,
so everyone is mad we stole their land,
as we named the planet for Mother Gearthe.

I lost my first home ten centuries ago
and since have traveled west to Oregon
but now I want to return home to Scythia
and live again in peace by sparkling river
where we sang under the eternal blue sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment